Carolyn Kay Steinborn, 75 of Abilene passed away January 3, 2022 at Memorial Hospital in Abilene. She was born May 28, 1947 in Salina, the daughter of Lyle Squires SR and Opal Baker. Carolyn worked at Russell Stover’s for 19 years as a supervisor. Her biggest joy and passion was taking care of her great niece and nephew, Ellis and Mara after she retired. She also enjoyed cooking, being a care giver to others in need and gardening. Carolyn is survived by her son, Corey Schaich of Portland, Oregon. One brother, Lyle Squires JR and wife Sara of Topeka. Two sisters, Georgia Smith of Abilene and Sally Moffett of Texas. She also leaves behind numerous nieces and nephews. She was preceded in death by her parents and two sisters, Patricia Smith and Sylvia Broils. Carolyn’s wishes were to be cremated. A memorial services will be held at a later date. The family suggests memorials be given to the Dickinson County Home Health and Hospice. Memorials may be dropped off or mailed at Martin-Becker-Carlson Funeral Home, 414 NW Third St., Abilene, Kansas 67410.
- KDHE clocks first Omicron case in Dickinson County
- Community Foundation holds Fairy Godmother Tea at Seelye Mansion
- Garrit Wayne Smith
- Penni Dawn Britt-Heller
- Fairy Godmother of the theatre: GPT Director uses her magic over costumes and budgets
- Seismic activity in Kansas, part two: Number of earthquakes in state has decreased since 2015
- Lois Nendean Longhofer
- The fine print: Solomon art teacher teaches a double lesson — printmaking and patience
- Betty E. Chindamo
- Dickinson County teen reaches out with large hay donation for Kansas ranch damaged by wildfires
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.