By RC staff
CHAPMAN—The Chapman Lions Club will celebrate Labor Day weekend with its traditional activities throughout the three-day weekend.
The party starts on Friday night with a dance. Monday the parade starts at 2 p.m.
The celebration includes events for kids, adults and even pets.
The one thing missing this year in the list of events this year is the car show, which was canceled.
There are three musical events, Rich Sound on Friday, Classic County on Saturday and Courtney Sue Irwin with Chapman’s own Steve Fansler on Sunday.
A fireworks display will also be held on Saturday night.
The festivities also include the following events:
Saturday & Sunday
• 67th Annual Industry Little World Series, Beemer Complex, 9 a.m.;
• Rich Sound, at Lumberyard, 9 p.m.-1 a.m.
• Jam at the Shelter, Shamrock Bandstand, 6:30 p.m.-8:30 p.m.;
•Classic County, American Legion Dance In Street, 9 p.m.-1 a.m.;
•Golf, Lions Club 4-man Scramble, shotgun start 8 a.m. & 1 p.m.;
•Courtney Sue Irwin with Steve Fansler, street dance downtown at 5th and Marshall, 8 p.m.-10 p.m.;
• Fireworks display, north of tennis courts, approximately 9 p.m.;
• Fun Run/Walk @ Chapman football field, registration at 7 a.m.
• 5K Run/Walk, 8 a.m.;
• Free Kids Run, 9 a.m,;
• Pancakes & sausage at Legion, 6:30 a.m.-10:30 a.m.;
• Hamburger Feed at Legion, 11 a.m.;
• Arts & Crafts, downtown, registration by 8 a.m.;
• Tractor Exhibition, parking lot west of middle school, registration by 8 a.m.;
• Chapman Area Preservation Society (CAPS), exhibits on Main Street;
• Quilt Show, Fellowship Hall at Methodist Church, 9 a.m.-4 p.m.;
• Kids Activities, north of tennis courts, pre-school-5th grade, frog and turtle races, water balloon toss, 3legged race (parent & child), sack race, 9:30 a.m.;
• Bean Bag Toss, tennis courts, 10 a.m.-noon;
• Free Kids Playground Activities, tennis courts, 10 a.m.-2 p.m.;
• Toy Show, high school multi-purpose room, 10 a.m.-5 p.m.
• Pedal Pull, north of tennis courts, signup starting at 9:30 a.m., pull at 10:30 a.m.’
• Bark in the Park, Shamrock Park Storm Shelter: Cutest Puppy Contest, Best Kisser Award (that being a dog), Prize for best Dressed or costume, Best Trick prize, Pet Parade around tennis courts to conclude the event, 10:30am
Coin Dig in Sand for kids, tennis courts, 11 a.m.;
• Parade, theme “Better schools, better community, 2 p.m: assemble at 1 p.m. at Beemer Ball Complex, float judging 1:15 p.m.