The week of Oct. 19-23 has been set for the free Dickinson County cleanup.
Individuals must haul items to the Dickinson County Transfer Station located at 2363 Jeep Road, Abilene, between the hours of 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Oct. 19 -23.
Business waste and tires will not be accepted free. Medical waste will not be accepted. Absolutely no wood over 6 feet will be accepted.
All items must be sorted prior to arrival in the following manner:
• Brush pile — Brush and tree limbs only
• Grass and leaves — Must be free of trash and rocks
• Iron pile — Metal and appliances
• Batteries and oil — There is an area for batteries and oil
• E-Waste — There is a special area for electronic waste
• Tires — There will be a charge of $2 for each car tire and up to $15 for each tractor tire. Tires on rims are accepted but at a higher rate.
• Household trash — To be dumped in the building. For example, couches, chairs, paper, lumber up to 6 feet in length and pallets, etc.
Other than metal and brush, all loads must be covered. There is a $10 fee for uncovered loads.
Metal and brush loads must be tied down.
For more information all (785) 263-4780 or 263-7432.